Dr. Anjum Bano Kazimi is a renowned Ph.d Scholar and academician, and eminent researcher. Her domain of research is Special Education from University of Karachi and Post Graduate in Speech and Language Pathology from Karachi University. She is serving the field of education for more than 25 years at various positions at different universities including Iqra University, Allama Iqbal Open University, Hamdard University, Karachi University and Sindh Madressatul Islam University. She was Chair and Professor of Education in the University of Karachi, previously having been the Chair of Special Education as well. She has been actively teaching and stimulating studentâ€™s interest by introducing modern pedagogies. She has authored three books titled Special Education in Pakistan, Overcoming Disabilities, and Glossary of Management including Curriculum Development for ADE with HEC and US-Aid. She contributed 35 research papers, presented & published in several national and international conferences and has several national and international projects to her credit. She is HEC recognized PhD supervisor and has supervised several Ph.D and M.Phil students. She was bestowed with various recognition awards for her meritorious services. Her skills are highly acclaimed internationally. She has done several International Projects with US Aids and has also organized workshops and seminars for the Aga Khan University, NIPA, SHEF International, Ida Riew, PAB (Pakistan Association of the Blind and US-Aids. She is a member of prestigious organizations and forum across the globe including Council of Social Sciences.
Dr. Anjum Bano was the Charter - President of the Lions Harmony Club, which became her means to spread the benefits of Special Education to citizens at large as well as to counsel parents. She has been the Fonder-Editor of Educare, the Karachi University journal of Special Education, as well of Lions Harmony journal devoted to Education and the Social Sciences.
RESEARCH SUPERVISED AT Ph. D. / M. Phil & M.A. LEVEL:
Jul, 2012Jun, 2014Department of Education, SMIUProfessor
Jul, 2011Dec, 2011Department of Education University of KarachiAdjunct Professor
Jan, 2011Jul, 2011Department of Education, University of KarachiChairperson Professor
Aug, 2008Dec, 2010Department of Special Education, University of KarachiChairperson/Associate Professor
March, 2001Aug, 2008Department of Special Education, University of KarachiAssistant Professor
1. Advisor Students Affairs: Member Discipline Committee SMIU 2012.
2. Member, Council for Social Sciences, Islamabad, 2013-2014
3. Member Board of Studies ,University of Sindh ,2011,2012
4. Member Board of Studies, Federal Urdu University 2012.
5. Member Senate University of Karachi, 2007-2010
6. Member Board of Studies Education University of Sindh.2011.
7. Co –Editor Pakistan Journal of Special Education.2011.
8. Member, Board of Studies, Special Education, University of Karachi, 2002, 2005, 2008, 2009 ,2010,2011.
9. Member Research Committee, University of Karachi, 2010
10. In-charge Department of Special Education University of Karachi 2007-2008
11. Member Executive Council, Karachi University Teachers’ Society 2005- 2008
12. Member Subject Committee of Education, National Testing Services Pakistan 2007
13. Editor, Educere Pakistan Journal of Education, 2011
14. Editor, “Harmony” Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities 2007-2009
15. Co-Editor “Pakistan Journal of Special Education” 2006, 2007, 2008
16. Editor, Pakistan Journal of Special Education, 2005
17. Member, Board of Faculty of Arts, 2005- 2009
18. Member Technical Committee. Development of an E-Learning Program for Autism 2005 (HEC Project)
19. In-charge Department of Special Education Nov.2002.
20. Member Affiliation Committee for DEWA and Ida Rieu College of Special Education
21. Student Advisor 2001-2004
? Introduction to Special Education BS (SMIU)
? Research Supervision Med (SMIU )
? Research MS Special Education, UOK
? Curriculum Development MS Education, UOK
? Research Proposal Development Ph.D, Iqra University
? ICT in Education M. Phil. Iqra University
? Educational Research MA Final Special Education, UOK
? Curriculum Development M.Ed, Hamdard University
FIELD RELATED TEACHING EXPERIENCES/ ACHIEVEMENTS:
1. Dean, Professor ,Dept of Education, Sindh Madressatul Islam University 2012 till date
2. Research Proposal Development. 2011. Iqra University, For Ph.D
3. ICT in Education, M.S/M.Phil Program, Iqra University 2008, 2009 .2011
4. MEducational Leadership, M.S./M.Phil, Department of Education, University of Karachi, July 2009- Dec. 2009
5. Curriculum Development, M.S./M.Phil, Department of Education, University of Karachi, Jan 2009, July. 2009
6. Residential Course Co-coordinator for M.Ed and M.A. Special Education, Allama Iqbal Open University Pakistan 2007-08
7. Visiting Faculty, Ma Ayesha Institute of Education and Allied Health Sciences, 2006.
8. Inter-departmental co-operative teaching, Department of Education, University of Karachi, Measurement and Evaluation 2005.
9. Inter-departmental co-operative teaching, Department of Education, University of Karachi, Comparative Education 2003-04.
10. Resource Person, Ma Ayesha Special Education and Rehabilitation, Evening Programme, Jan-Dec 2004.
11. Course Coordinator for Special Education (Weekend Programme) 1st January-30th May 2002. Hamdard Institute of Education, Hamdard University.
12. Visiting faculty member for teaching at Hamdard Institute of Education, Hamdard University, Karachi for: i) “Special Education”, B.Ed course 1998 ii) “Curriculum development”, B.Ed course in 1997 iii)“Educational Psychology”, B.Ed, course in 1997.
1. Award for presenting paper on Education System in Pakistan by Muhammad Ali Jinnah University, 2014
2. For outstanding and dedicated services in Education. Fatimiah Education Network 2011.
3. For presenting Paper at International Conference 2007. Faculty of Arts, University of Karachi.
4. For conducting Training Course at Pakistan Air Force Special School, Korangi Creek, 27th May 2005
5. For coordinating Low Vision workshop for Al-Shifa Trust and Sight Saver World Health Organization 2002
6. For conducting Training Program for Teachers and Parents from Rahat Gah 2000
7. For Recognition of Services for Karachi Harmony Lions Club, District 305 (S-1) Pakistan 1999
8. For receiving Official Lions Club Charter from International President Kajit Habananda 12th March 1999
9. For Developing Mathematics Teachers for schools. In recognition of services. Sabeeh Sheerazi 1999
10. For Training Program of Normal School teachers for Department of Special Education, University of Karachi 1998
11. For success of School Improvement Program of Aga Khan Education Services, Pakistan from M. Yousuf Rahat, Assistant Education Advisor 1988
12. For recognition of services. Aga Khan School Management, Presented Gold Medal 1986
13. Selection for Higher Education Course as teacher trainer from Jean Young Aga Khan Board 1987, Karachi.
2007CompletedKarachi UniversityPh. D (Special Education)
2005CompletedKarachi UniversityPGD (Speech & Language Pathology)
1984CompletedKarachi UniversityM.Ed.(Evaluation & Guidance)
1983CompletedKarachi UniversityB.Ed. (Physics & Maths)