- Member Institute of Metallurgical Engineers, Lahore.
- Member Pakistan Britain Alumni.
- Member Standing Committee of National Science and Technology.
- Life Member Pakistan Vacuum Society.
- Member B.O.S. KINPOE, Karachi (2001-2003).
- Member CRANSOC, Cranfield Institute of Technology.
- Member Academic Council, NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi.
- Member BOF at Baluchistan University Of Engineering and
- Recipient of Merit scholarship for two years from Board of Intermediate
Secondary Education, Karachi, on securing 21st position in Science Group.
- Listed in the panel of experts of Pakistan Science Foundation, Islamabad.
- Listed in 9th World Directory of Crystallographers.
- Awarded scholarship under IDA-Pak-credit scheme to do Masters degree abroad.
- Awarded scholarship under central overseas Training program Government
of Pakistan for higher studies abroad.
- Appointed as incharge Science Society of NED University of Engineering &
Technology(1994-2001) and gave the name to society as SENTEC.
- Appointed as nominee of NED University for Board of Studies of KINPOE.
- Appointed as nominee of NED University for B.Tech (Honors) Examination @
Govt. College of Technology, Karachi.
Seminar / Conference / Symposia:
- First National Symposium on Metallurgical Engineering 21st July, 1979,
Organised by MTC of Pakistan Steel in Karachi.
- First National Conference on Aeronautical Engineering 16-17 November,
1981 Organized by PAF College of Aeronautical in Karachi.
- 22nd Annual Convention of Institution of Engineers Pakistan, 1982 held in
- Second National Conference in Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 1982 in
- 26th Annual Convention of Institution of Engineers Pakistan, April, 1983 in
- Ninth International Summer College on Geo-Physics & Contemporary Needs
July 18-31, 1984, Islamabad.
- Joint PAEC-KRL Seminar on Structural Materials for Reactor Technology, 18-
22 November, 1984 in Lahore.
- 36th Convention of the Institution of Engineers, Pakistan (Karachi Centre)
April, 1996 (Presented a paper on elastic properties of aluminised Coatings.
- First Seminar on Engineering Materials and Metallurgy, 1-2 October, 1996,
Jointly organized by IEP, Dawood College, IMS&R, and KINPOE, at Karachi.
- Course on Vacuum Technology, Organized by Kahuta Research Laboratory,
Islamabad, 5-9 October, 1997.
- Course on High Temperature Fracture Mechanics and Life Assessment of
Boiler and Turbine, 2-8 January, 1997, organised by Pakistan Naval
Engineering College, Karachi.
- 14th National Conference on Engineering Fracture Mechanics, in
October 2000 organized by Mehran University of Engineering & Technology
Jamshoro & IEP Hyderabad Centre & presented a paper on Fracture of oxide
scale on 304 stainless steel.
- Attended International Seminar on Advanced Materials September, 1999.
Organized by Kahuta Research Laboratories, Islamabad.
- Attended International Seminar on Advance Materials September, 1995,
Organized by Kahuta Research Laboratories, Islamabad.
- Attended a five days workshop on Industrial applications of Modern
Metallrgraphy Techniques held at Lahore August1998 organized by PCSIR.
- Attended a five days course on Vacuum Technology in 1997 & 1999,
organized by Pakistan Vacuum society Kahuta Research Lab. Islamabad.
- Presented two papers in 7th International Conference on Advanced
Materials, organized by Kahuta Research Laboratories, 17-21
- Presented a paper in First National Conference on Non- Destructive Testing,
organized by NCNDT, Islamabad, 24-26 October,2001.
- Attended International Symposium on Solid Waste Management organized
by Environmental Engineering Department of NED University of Engineering
& Technology, Karachi on 20th October, 2001.
- Attended National Seminar on Water Desalination at Karachi organized by
NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi on 1st October, 2001.
- International Symposium on Vibration Monitoring & Diagnostics
16th February 2002, Karachi. Organized by NED University of Engineering &
- Attended Seminar on Industrial Air Pollution Control System on 6th June,
2002 by Engr. Iqbal A. Molvi, President, PACE Inc., California, USA.
- Attended KINPOE Convocation on 11th July, 2002.
- Attended Seminar on Medical Informatics: Application of DSP to Clinical
Problems on 19-09-2002 by Dr. Uvais Qidwai, Assistant Professor, Tulane
University, USA, organized by Department of Electronics NED UET, Karachi.
- 3 days first course review committee by HEC @ Karachi (for Mechanical
Discipline) on 24th November, 2002.
- Seminar on Automotive borne Air Pollution & Control Measures on
8th January, 2003 in NED Audio Visual Room (Lecture by Dr. Tariq Shamim,
Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of
- Attended seminar on Civic Problems-Hi-Tech Solution(s) February 18th 2003
at Usman Institute of Technology. Mr. Naimatullah Khan, City Nazim,
Karachi was the Chief Guest.
- Presented paper titled "Corrosion Control by using metallic coatings,in
conference on Corrosion Preventionand MAnagement ,organized by
National Forum for Environment ans Health,on 29th Oct,2009 at Hotel Pearl
- Attended MTAP -Foundary Workshop 2009 ,Organised by PAkistan Foundry
Association,12-14 November,2009 at Karachi Expo Centre.
- Presentation on Use of Electron Microscope as a modern tool for research
,organised by the Department of Microbiology ,University of Karachi on 11
- Presentation on "Pipe Integrity against Corrosion ,1st Pipeline and Integrity
Management Conference ,Organised by Happenings International and SKEN
Business Management Services,Karachi held on 2nd March,2010 at Hote
- Dynamic Modulus of Protective Coatings First National Seminar on Engineering Materials and Metallurgy, Karachi. 1st and 2nd October, 1996.
- Composite Materials and Processes: F. Rehman, J.I. Mehr, Engr. Dr.
Khursheed Mahmood, 36th Convention of Institution of Engineers Pakistan,
Karachi Centre, 9-11 May, 1996.
- Elastic Properties of Aluminide Coating, 36th Convention of Institution of
Engineers Pakistan, Karachi Centre, 9-11 May, 1996.
- Study of Waviness/Flatness Phenomenon in coiled rolled strip Pakistan Steel
Research Journal, IssN 1025-99X, 1997.
- Study of Fracture Behaviour of Oxide Scale exposed to various elevated
temperatures Second National Seminar on Engineering Material &
Metallurgy, 13-14 October, 1998 Karachi.
- Estimating the composite defect size of Oxide scales on 304 stainless steel
foil Second National Seminar on Engineering Material & Metallurgy 13-14
- Effect of Grain size on Mechanical Properties and Formability of Drawing
Grade Steel First National Conference in Engineering profession, 5-6 March,
2000 Organized by Institution of Engineers Pakistan, Hyderabad Centre.
- Fracture Mechanics approach for the failure of Oxide scale on 304 stainless
steel foil 14th National Conference on Engineering Fracture Mechanics,
jointly organized by Mehran University of Engineering Technology, Jamshoro
& Institution of Engineers Pakistan, Hyderabad Centre, 9-10th October,
- Development of the continuous casting mold power Paper presented
1st International Mechanical Engineer Congress, 41st Annual Convention of
the Institution of Engineers Pakistan, Karachi Centre held on 28th May 2001.
- Application of fixed Effect Model for Analyzing the effects of size fraction on
weight retained Dilband iron ore. Papers presented in 7th International
conference of Advanced Material, 17-21 September-2001, Islamabad,
RUzzaman, Kamran, Khursheed Mahmood and M.M. Ali Khan.
- Effect of various De oxidand on the oxygen content in various grades of Steel,
paper presented in 7th International Conference on Advanced Material 17-
21 September-2001, Islamabad, RUzzaman, A.R. Siddiqui, Khursheed
Mahmood and M. M. Ali Khan.
- Acoustic Emission Monitoring of Cracking of oxide scale First National
Conference of NDT, 24-26 October, 2001 at Islamabad.
- Effects of various Deoxidant in content in various grades of Steel papers
presented in 7th International Conference on Advanced Material 17-21
September-2001, Islamabad, Pakistan. R. Uzzaman, A. R. Siddiqui,
Khursheed Mahmood and M. M. Ali Khan.
- Effects of various environments on Stress Corrosion Cracking Behaviour of
low carbon steel A516670 Engr. Dr. Khursheed Mahmood, M. A. Khan, A.
Hussain, S. A. Hasan, A. R. Siddiqui, 15th National Conference on
Engineering Fracture Mechanics 25-26 September 2003, organized by MUET,
IEP, Jamshoro, Hyderabad, Pakistan.
- Development and Characterization of SiC, SiN coatings on carbide tool tips,
First International Conference on Frontier of Advanced Engineering
Materials, 20-22 September 2004, organized by Pakistan Council of Scientific
& Industrial Research Laboratory Complex, Lahore, Pakistan.
- Oxide Scale integrity determination through Acoustic Emission Technique.
2nd National Conference on NDT, 22-24 October, 2003, organized by NCNDT,
SES, Directorate Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission, Islamabad.
- Evaluation of welding and fabrication defects in some components of
Pakistan Steel using NDT methods, Engr.S. A. Khan, Engr. S. Sharif, Engr. F.H.
Usmani, Dr. Khursheed, Proc. 2nd International Conference on Structure,
Processing & Properties of Materials, SPPM 2004, 26-27 February 2004,
- Failure Analysis of Motor Cycle Chassis, 16th National Conference on
Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 26-27 December 2005 organized by
Mehran University of Engg. & Tech., Jamshoro, Hyderabad, Pakistan.
- Introduction to Electron Microscopy paper presented at National Workshop
on Electron Microscopy, 9-11th March, 2006, jointly organized by M. A. H.
Quadri, B.R.C., University of Karachi and Mechanical Department, NED
University of Engg. & Tech., Karachi.
- Construction and importance of Electron Microscopy, paper presented in
HEC Workshop PARC(A&P), seminar on Bacteriocesis, 6-10 December 2005,
Department of Microbiology, University of Karachi.
- Application of Electron Microscopy for Testing advanced Materials , paper
presented in one-day National Annual seminar on Status of Development of
Engineering Materials in Pakistan. 29 April, 2006, organized by Pakistan
Institute of Metallurgy in Materials Engineering, Lahore.
- Failure Analysis of Boiler tube, paper presented in the 10th International
Symposium on Advanced Materials, organized by KRL, 3-7 September, 2007
- Failure Analysis of a Compressor disc, paper presented in the 10th
International Symposium on Advanced Materials, organized by KRL, 3-7
September, 2007 Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Effect of austemite grain size on displacive transformation in low alloy
steel",.11th Intl Symposium.on Advanced Materials,8-12
- "Corrosion Control by metallic coatings", Paper presented in the Intl. Sypm
Vacuum Science and Technology, Nov.2-6 ,2010, Islamabad.
- "Understanding the corrosion and degradation of materials", paper
presented in the 2nd intl.Conf on CORROSION MANAGEMENT held on Feb.
14,2011, Hotel Regent plaza,Karachi
- Joined as Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering Department of NED University
of Engineering and Technology, Karachi (from April, 1976 to December,
- Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engineering Department (from December,
1979 to August 1990).
- Associate Professor in Mechanical Engineering Department (from September
1990 to June, 1998).
- Professor in Mechanical Engineering Department from June 1998 to March
- Professor in Materials Engineering Department since March 2008 till
- Professor in Metallurgy & Material Engineering Department at Dawood
University of Engineering & Technology
Taught the following subjects:
- Engineering Mechanics, Solid Mechanics-I&II, Theory of Machine & Elements
of Design, Machine Design, Stress Analysis.
- Conducted practical classes in Metallurgy to undergraduate students.
- Metallurgy, Materials Science, Corrosion Prevention and Protection,
Deformation Behavior of Materials, Fracture Mechanics.
- More than 41 years of Teaching/Research experience in the field of
Mechanical Engineering, Materials & Metallurgy.
- Supervised M.Sc research project@ Institute of Materials Science &
Research, Pakistan Steel & KANUPP Institute of Nuclear Power Engineering,
Subject related to Materials & Metallurgy, Machine design.
- Failure Analysis.
- Development of materials.
- Corrosion & oxidation control.
- Behaviour of materials.
- Involved in establishing Materials & Metallurgy Lab in the Department.
- Participation in Seminars , Exhibitions, Conferences., etc.
- Designing and fabrication of Final Year students projects and also projects
for students for science exhibitions.
- Making visits to various industries/organizations to keep abreast of
advancements of technologies.
- Pioneer Incharge of Society for the Promotion of Science Engineering & Technology (SENTEC) NED University.
- Appointed as external Examiner for M.Sc Thesis at Institute of Materials
Science & Research (IMS&R), Pakistan Steel and BE (Metallurgy) Projects of
Dawood College of Engineering & Technology, Karachi.
- Appointed as external examiner for Mehran University of Engineering &
Technology, Jamshoro MEUT, Jamshoro, KINPOE, Karachi, IMS&R, Pakistan
Steel, Quaid-e-Awam University of Engineering & Technology, Nawabshah.
- Represented NED University at various Technical Exhibitions.
- Organized Workshop/ Seminars/Technical Sessions in the department for
local and foreign visitors/speakers.
- Arranged technical films/Video shows to faculty & students.
- Arranged seminars on Electron Microscopy
Cranfield Institute of Technology,
Bedford, England.Ph.D. (Metallurgical Engineering)
Cranfield Institute of Technology, Bedford, England.M.Sc. (Materials)
NED Govt. Engineering College KarachiB.E Mechanical Engineering