Engr. Saqib Munawwar
Assistant Professor Electrical Engineering Department
- email: [email protected]
- phone: +922136362046-54
He is the author of an academic book (published with PEC – Pakistan Engineering Council recognized publisher based in Germany) and author/coauthor for 09+ papers published in National/Int’l Journals/Conferences. He has conferred with R&D honors and awards from Singapore (in 2009 Asia-Pacific Congress at National University of Singapore) & Malaysia (in 2010 Int’l IEEE Conference by UTAR) and professional training from Abu Dhabi by European firm (Karl Storz) moreover catalyst at renowned National/Int’l HEIs/DAIs, Mentor at IEEE (USA) and Coordinator Students’ Affairs at IEEEP KLC. Engr. Saqib has delivered R&D motivational talks/seminars/workshops at 24+ HEIs/DAIs in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, & UAE and moreover served as TPC/PC Member (Reviewer) in Jordan & Ukraine. In appreciation of his innovative R&D project ARY Qtv interviewed him in Youth Council and conferred the title of”Muslim Icon” in 2010. Prior to joining at the NHU he was serving as Engineering Manager at M/s. ATE Pakistan (PEC Licensed and KCCI Member Firm) with clients e.g. PIA, SSGC, KE, Security Papers & etc.
Teaching Assignment / Subjects:
- Spring 2015: 1. Basic Electric Circuits (BS) and 2. Basic Electronics (BE)
- Fall 2014: Linear Circuit Analysis (BE)
- Spring 2014: 1. Introduction to Programming (BS) and 2. Business Quantitative Techniques (MBA)
- BE/BS semester projects (30+ Groups). Had organized first ever project exhibition in NHU which was highly appreciated by the Honorary Dean from U.K. on his first visit to NHU Pakistan.
Publication: [HEC/PEC-CPD acknowledged]
- Engineering Manager M/s. A.T.E. Pakistan
Served as Engineering Manager (2012-2013) and Project Engineer (2010-2012) in PEC Licensed and KCCI Member firm with clients e.g. PIA, SSGC, KESC, Security Papers & etc.
- NED University of Engineering & Technology M.E.M (Electrical)
- GSESIT, Hamdard University, Pakistan M.E. (Electrical)
- Hamdard University, Pakistan. B.E. (Electronic)
 S. Munawwar, S.M.B. Ali, S.F. Ahmed”Electronic Speaking Glove for Speechless Patients” 2013, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, ISBN: 978-3-659-29876-9.
 S. Jalaluddin, S.A. Khan, K. Masood, S. Munawwar (Editor)”FPGA Implementation of Reed-Solomon Code” 2015, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, ISBN: 978-3-659-58977-5.
 M.A. Sandhu, A. Ahmed, A.A. Siddiqui, S. Munawwar (Editor)”Development of Communication System: WiMAX RF Planning” 2015, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, ISBN: 978-3-659-60698-4.
 M.A.A. Dhorajiwala, U.A. Chughtai, S. Munawwar (Editor) “Design & Development of a UAV Autonomous Control System” 2014, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, ISBN: 978-365-956071-2.
 N. Qazi, F. Munawar, S. Munawwar (Editor)”Role of HR Practices in Employee Retention” 2014, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, ISBN: 978-365-959403-8.
 Munawwar, S.; Mushtaq, K.; Khan, N.A.,”Green Energy Grows, Rural Sustainability – An Outreach to the Unreachable“, 29th IEEEP Multi-topic International Symposium, 2014, pp. 24, Karachi, Pakistan.
 Munawwar, S.; Zaidi, S.S.M.,”Energy Conservation & Monitoring Control System Design”, 5th World Engineering Congress, National University of Sciences & Technology (NUST), 2013, pp. 16, Islamabad, Pakistan.
 Munawwar, S.; Akhtar, R.U.S.,”Community Health Information System”, 5th World Engineering Congress, National University of Sciences & Technology (NUST), 2013, pp. 39, Islamabad, Pakistan.
 Munawwar, S.,”Green Building – An Efficient & Economical Concept” PHVACR Journal, Issue No. 34, 2012 pp. 91-94, Islamabad, Pakistan.
 Ahmed, S.F.; Ali, S.M.B.; Qureshi, S. Saqib M., “Electronic Speaking Glove for speechless patients, a tongue to a dumb,” Sustainable Utilization and Development in Engineering and Technology (STUDENT), 2010 IEEE Conference on , vol., no., pp.56,60, 20-21 Nov. 2010, Malaysia.
 Munawwar, S.,”Overview of BACnet”, PHVACR Journal, Issue No. 28, 2009, pp. 70-76, Islamabad, Pakistan.
 Saqib, Puneet, Sakib, Synnia, Jugunu, Srikanta, Francisco, Youngje”Green Power Grows” 25th IEEEP Multi-topic International Symposium, March 2010 IEEEP Supplement, Engineering and Industrial Review, pp. 71-73, Karachi, Pakistan.
 Munawwar, S.,”Magnetic Refrigeration – An Economical Refrigeration Systems” 4th IMEC, the Institution of Engineers Pakistan, 2009, pp. 5, Karachi, Pakistan.
 Sandhu, M.A.; Munawwar, S.,“Development of Communication System WiMAX” 24th IEEEP Multi-topic International Symposium, April 2009 IEEEP Supplement, Engineering and Industrial Review, pp. 45-59, Karachi, Pakistan.
 Munawwar, S.,”Economised Illumination & Air-Conditioning System”, PHVACR Journal, Issue No. 21, 2007, pp. 40-47, Islamabad, Pakistan.
International Papers Reviewed by Saqib Munawwar
1. Reviewer Paper Title:”Modeling and Damping Controller Design for Static VAR Compensator” Authors: Jawad Faiz, Ghazanfar Shahgholian of Iran; forwarded by TPC 2014 IEEE IEPS Ukraine.
2. Reviewer Paper Title: “A Novel Robust Design for PMSM with Minimum Motor Current THD based on Improved Space Vector Modulation Technique” Authors: Jawad Faiz, Mehdi Manoochehri, Ghazanfar Shahgholian of Iran; forwarded by TPC 2014 IEEE IEPS Ukraine.
3. Reviewer Paper Title:”Generation Expansion Planning Considering Externalities for Large Scale Integration of Renewable Energy” Authors: Akif Zia Khan, Sun Yingyun, Ahsan Ashfaq from China; forwarded by TPC 2014 IEEE IEPS Ukraine.
4. Reviewer Paper Title”Control and Stabilization of Three-Phase Grid Connected Photovoltaics using PID-Fuzzy Logic” Authors: Mohamed Louzazni, Elhassan Aroudam of Morocco; forwarded by TPC 2014 IEEE IEPS Ukraine.
5. Reviewer Paper Number: 1569793165, Title:”Systematic literature review automatic generation: A systematic literature review” Author: Zuhal Gourashy from KSA; assigned by the TPC 2013 AEECT Jordan.
6. Reviewer Paper Number: 1569815499, Title:”Diagnosis of a solar power plant using a multiple model approach (TS)” Authors: Zahra Taif, Mohamed Mourad Lafifi, Brahim Boulebtateche from Algeria; assigned by the TPC 2013 AEECT Jordan.