Scholarships are part of NHU’s commitment to reward academic excellence and enabling students from all backgrounds to realize their potential.
NHU practices a need-based policy and believes in merit as the sole criteria for admission to its programs. The Scholarships Award Committee (SAC) aims to select deserving students in order to assist them with their educational expenses. NHU awards two types of scholarships, namely
1. Need-Based Scholorships:
These are awarded to students with financial constraints with good academic standing to help them continue their education at the University. Students must apply on the prescribed form. If they wish to avail themselves of the Need-Based Scholarship. Form and guidance can be obtained from Admissions and Registration offices.
2. Merit Based Scholorships:
- Students achieving 4 GPA will be offered a scholarship of 60% of the tuition fee for that semester.
- Students achieving 3.75 GPA to 3.99 GPA will be offered a scholarship of 40% of the tuition fee for that semester provided they have a CGPA of 3.5.
- Students achieving GPA 3.5 to 3.74 will be offered a scholarship of 20% of the tuition fee for that semester provided they have a CGPA of 3.5.
- The above scholarships will be admissible to students against whom there is no disciplinary proceeding pending and they have taken at least the following credit hours:-
- For a Bachelor program at least 15 credit hours.
- For a Master program 12 credit hours.
- The total number of scholarships will not exceed 10% of the total number of students enrolled in that semester in that particular program.
- These scholarships are offered on semester basis only and a list is prepared after the announcement of every semester result.
- If the total number of applicants exceeds 10% then a merit list will be prepared.
- A separate list of scholarship recipients will be prepared for each program.