Prof. Dr. Nighat Razvi
- email: [email protected]
- phone: +922136362046-54
- Professor Dr. Nighat Razvi have been the senior most teaching faculty member in the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Karachi. She is one of the earliest registered pharmacists of Pakistan.
- Dr. Nighat graduated in Pharmacy from University of Karachi in 1977 and did M.Pharm in Pharmaceutics from the same department in the year 1980. She did her M.Phil in Pharmaceutics in 1983 and completed her Ph.D in 1989. She obtained a specialized post graduate diploma in statistics with a first class second position.
- For more than two decades she served in diverse areas of Pharmaceutical Sciences that broadened her scope and vision in the field. She was associated with the Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Karachi as lecturer (1989-1994), Assistant Professor (1994-2002), Associate Professor (2002-2006), and Professor (2006). She served as Chairperson and Co-Coordinator Evening Program, Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Karachi during 2006-2009 and 2012-2015.
- Her research focuses on Physical Pharmacy and Drug Stability, she had a number of research articles and publications in the Journals of National and International Repute. She has also supervised several post graduate research fellows (Ph.D, M.Phil and M.Pharm). She has been the member of various academic and regulatory bodies that include Pakistan Pharmacist Association, academic boards of several universities and Department of Pharmacy specially Drug Court Sindh under Ministry of Law and Justice and the Ministry of Health.
- Dr. Nighat Razvi was awarded as a Productive Scientist of Pakistan by Pakistan Council of Science and Technology. She has been the first Ph.D in the field of Physical Pharmacy (1989) for which she was awarded two gold medals. She presented her Research papers in several Pharmaceutical Conferences held nationally and internationally and attended seminars and symposiums on topics of her interest. Almost 90% of the current Faculty of Pharmacy at University of Karachi has the privilege of being the students of Prof. Nighat Razvi. She served the profession of pharmacy for more than 27 years and had been a teacher to more than 20, 000 students.
- She has her students spread all over the world, teaching or holding key positions as Professors, Chairpersons, Managing Directors and Drug Inspectors.
Teaching Experience PHARM-D, M-PHARM, MS and PhD Courses in the department of PHARMACEUTICS (1981 – To-Date)
- Fundamental of Pharmacy
- Formulation and Cosmetology
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- Physical Pharmacy
- Prescription Pharmacy
- Physical studies on surface active Agent
- Radio Pharmaceuticals.
- Quality Assurance and Control.
- Rheology of Pharmaceuticals.
- Pharmaceutical Preparation Pharmaceutical Dispensing.
- Pharmaceutical Dosage Form.
- Advance Physical Pharmacy.
- Life Member Pharmacological Society of Pakistan.
- Pakistan Pharmacists Association Registered under the Societies Registration Act 1960, Pharmacy Act 1967 (amended) in 1973.
- Chairperson/Coordinator Evening Program, Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Karachi.(2012-todate)
- Chairperson, Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Karachi(2006- 2009)
- Coordinator, Evening Program, Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Karachi(2006-2009)
- Member Selection Board, Selecting Co-Operating Teachers in the Faculty of Pharmacy(2004- 2005)
- To conduct the admission work for B.Pharm and M.Pharm classes in the Faculty of Pharmacy
- Tabulation work of B.Pharm in the Semester Cell.
- Tabulation work of B.A Examination.
- Duties assigned to invigilate B.A and B.Com Examination.
- Assistant Magazine Advisor “Pharmacia” published by student of Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Karachi.
- Member Organizing Committee 12 th & 14th International Pharmacy Conference & Exhibition‘s 2004-2006.
- Preparation of New Courses for PhD Program and modified version of MS Courses for the Department of Pharmaceutics Approved by the Academic Council, University of Karachi.
- Member Selection Board(Subject Expert) of Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Sindh, Jamshoro(2009)
Conferences and Seminars attended
- Second International Conference on Pharmaceutical Sciences held in Karachi (1997) organized by Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Karachi
- International Pharmaceutical Congress and Exhibition 1998 silver jubilee year of PPA, organized by Pakistan Pharmacist Association held in Lahore, March 20-23(1998).
- 14th International Pharmacy Conference and Exhibition held in Karachi in April 5-7,2007.
- 3rd National Conference on Pharmaceutical Sciences, Baragali Summer Campus(Peshawar) July 8-12(2003)
- International Pharmaceutical Conference and Exhibition organized by Pakistan Pharmacist Association held in Lahore, March 20-23(2003).
- One Day Seminar on Examination standards organized by Quality Enhancement Cell, University of Karachi.(2005)
- Participation in symposium organized by Ziauddin College of Pharmacy(2012).
- Participation in 1st National Conference on Pharmacy profession, Dow College of Pharmacy, Dow University of Health Sciences(2012)
- 2nd Conference on “Building Leadership Capabilities” by Marketing Unit ICCBS University of Karachi(2013)
- Certificate of participation on Seminar on “Innovative Contribution of Pharmaceutics in collaboration Pharmacy Practice”(2013)
- Certificate awarded by DXN International Pakistan(Pvt)Limited for the research on therapeutic values of Genodems Lucidum(2012)
- Certificate of merit awarded on University teachers program organized by Higher Education Commission Islamabad(2005).
- Certificate of merit organized by Immunology and Infections Diseases Research Laboratory, Department of Microbiology, University of Karachi and Global Marketing Services Karachi(2005)
- Rank in “PRODUCTIVE SCIENTISTS OF PAKISTAN” published by Pakistan Council for Science and Technology Islamabad(2004)
- Member Drug Court, Sindh, Ministry of Law and Justice and Ministry of Health, Islamabad(1999-todate).
- Senior Most Registered Pharmacists “Category ‘A’ in the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Karachi.(1981-todate) Registration No.384
- 2nd position holder in Post-graduate Diploma in Statistics from Department of Statistics, University of Karachi.
- Published several Research papers in National/International Journals.
- First Ph.D Degree holder in Physical Pharmacy from Karachi University(1990).
- Awarded Gold Medal by Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Karachi(1997)
- Cash award for the Gold Medal from Site Association Karachi(1990)
- Awarded Karachi University Research Fellowship (1983-1988) for M.Phil/Ph.D Programmes.
- Received Several Shields and Merit Certificate in various International/National Conference for Presenting Research Papers.
- Lecture delivered on “Pharmacy Curriculum” in Teacher Training Programme Organized by UGC, Islamabad(1998).
- Certificate awarded for participating in Career Oriented Seminar on Good Manufacturing Practice, Quality Control, Quality Assurance and Manufacturing Technology, organized by PPA(Karachi)1998.
- Member Pakistan Pharmacist Association.
- Life member Pharmacological Society of Pakistan.
- Research Supervisor of several students in the field of Pharmaceutical Sciences(M.Phil/Ph.D and M.Pharm) who have completed and awarded M.Phil/ M.Pharm Degree.
- Attended and paper presented in several Conference/Workshop (1981-todate).
GENERAL ACADEMIC OUTLINES/SKILLS
- Member for the establishment and running of bioavailability & bioequivalence Lab in the Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, constituted by the Vice-Chancellor, University of Karachi(2014)
- Member DRC(Departmental Research Committee)2009-todate.
- Thesis/Viva Voce Examiners of PhD student of Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Sindh, Jamshoro(2014)
- Member NTS(MCQ’s Examinations) for Admission to MS/PhD Programs(2008-todate).
- Member Board of Studies,Baqai Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Baqai Medical University,Karachi(2014)
- Member Interview Board for M.Phil/Ph.D research students(2004-todate).
- External Examiner for M.Phil Viva Voce Examination, Faculty of Pharmacy, Federal Urdu University(2012)
- Member Board of Studies, Department of Pharmaceutics and also Member Board of Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Sindh, Jamshoro(2006-2010).
- Viva Voce Examiner for Pharm-D students of Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Sindh, Jamshoro(2009).
- Visiting Professor, Jinnah Medical & Dental College, Karachi, Jan-Dec,2006.
- External Examiner for B.Pharmacy/Pharm-D Courses in University of Balochistan, Quetta(1988-1998).
- Project Examiner of M.Sc. Thesis entitled &;dquo;Kinetics and Thermodynamic Study of a Tranquillizer namely Chlorpromazine HCl”, Department of Chemistry, University of Karachi(2002).
- External Examiner for Pharm-D Courses in Jinnah Medical & Dental College, Karachi(2005- todate).
- External Examiner for Pharm-D Courses in Federal Urdu University & Technology, Karachi(2006-2009).
- External Examiner for Pharmacy Courses in University of Malakand, Peshawar(2006-todate).
- Member Board of Studies, Chairperson Departmental Research Committee, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Karachi(1996-todate).
- Member Board of Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Karachi (1996-todate).
- Member Board of Studies, Department of Pharmaceutics, Federal Urdu University, Karachi.
- Member of Selection Committee Department of Pharmaceutics(2004-2005).
- Member IBA testing services in the Medical Colleges Examination.
- Member Affiliation Committee, University of Karachi(Subject Expert).
- Ph.D University of Karachi
- M.Phil University of Karachi
- M.Pharm University of Karachi
- B.Pharm University of Karachi